Rigid Global Components strives for excellence throughout the entire organization including our certifications and approvals. Rigid offers products with FM, UL, Energy Star and Miami Dade approvals. In addition the manufacturing facility also is approved as fabricators in Clark County, Nevada; the city of Los Angeles, CA; the city of Phoenix, AZ; as well as the city of Houston. Rigid also maintains IAS (International Accreditation Service) AC472 certification for metal buildings. According to the International Building Code – Fabricator Approval is defined as:
- Special instructions required by this code are not required where the work is done on the premises of a fabricator registered and approved to perform such work without special inspection. Approval shall be based upon review of the fabricator’s written procedural and quality control manuals and periodic auditing of fabrication practices by an approved special inspection agency.
- City of Los Angeles (Fabricator Certificate of Approval)
- Miami-Dade MFG/Fabricator (Certificate of Competency)
- City of Houston (Certificate of Appoval)
- City of Phoenix (Approved Fabricator)
Florida Product Approval
The state of Florida has dictated that in order to build or construct in the state you must use products that have been approved for that particular means of construction. In order for a product to obtain Florida Product Approval it must pass a series of tests to insure the harsh elements will not affect the quality of the particular product. Some of the tests for Florida Product Approval include a wind driven rain test as well as impact testing. For more information on Florida Product Approval please visit their website at http://www.floridabuilding.org
Rigid Global Buildings currently has 4 Florida Product Approvals:
- FL 15282.1 – Hi-Tech Roof Panels
- FL 15282.2 – Platinum Roof Panels
- FL 15282.3 – R & PBR Roof Panels
- FL 15137.1 – R & PBR Wall Panels (26 ga.)
Clark County Approved Fabricator
Rigid is pleased to announce we have achieved status as an approved fabricator for Clark County. We also have additional fabricator endorsement of NDT (non destructive testing). NDT endorsement is issued based on the fabricator’s quality systems compliance to applicable ASNT requirements. Seismic endorsement is issued based on the fabricator’s quality systems compliance to applicable AWS and AISC requirements.